Gotcha! You think I am thinking about Thinking…? But actually it’s about something completely different.
I have been thinking if anybody would be interested in a Story Club? Just think about it for a moment. I mean we all love stories right and there are probably a gazillion stories out there in the world, which we will never read or even get to know about. How sad is that? Suppose somebody brought a special story to your notice, explained its nuances, shades, metaphors, techniques wouldnt that be awesome?
So I wondered about floating a story club – a short story club if you like where each week one story could be read, discussed, analyzed – wouldn’t that be fun? Wouldn’t you like to be part of such a club?
So, if there are any takers, this is how it would function (I told you I have been thinking).
Interested participants would:
- Mention the name of the chosen story and the date (any Wednesday) of posting (beginning 15th June) in the reply box below.
- On the designated date, put up a post (on his or her blog) highlighting the uniqueness, underlying theme, message or anything else that may be of interest.
- Ping back the URL here so that we can all hop over to read, chat, interact and broaden our horizons.
- The participant should announce at least a week in advance the name of the story and preferably one that is freely available online to enable maximum participation.
- Others may also put up posts on their blogs pertaining to the same story (with a ping back here to let us join the party)
- In case the story is not available online please provide a brief synopsis before writing about it.
- Interested non-bloggers (ahaa I got my eye on you) can mention the name of story and date and mail me the post. Full credit is assured.
- And finally, just in case there are no takers, I will start reading the short stories on my own.
So what do you think? Suggestions, questions and comments are welcome – in fact eagerly awaited. I hope you wont disappoint me (besides I am holding my breath)…
For the readers of Moonshine, here’s Chapter 63. Before you rush off, have a look at Calvin and don't forget to let me know what you think - "I am in" would also be great Click here for more Short Stories or here for more information About the Blog