Short stories have recently caught my attention and I am keen to broaden my horizons on this exciting, diverse and ever-growing field of fiction. I had this idea that a Story Club would be an ideal way to learn, read and write about short stories from all over the world. This is a monthly event, though I would love for it to be a weekly activity but in the meanwhile I am learning and reading while getting to interact with some very lovely people. Isn’t that cool?
If you are interested in short stories and would like to host (or post) a favorite short story review – most welcome. Leave me a note in the comment section or send me an email (given below).
The rules and purpose of the Story Club are simple:
- Advance announcement of name of short story, one that is freely available on the net.
- Story maybe a folktale or in the local language. But an English translation should be freely available on the net. Or the participant could post the translated version along with his or her review.
- Bloggers should post on their blog while non-bloggers may email me – email@example.com
- The primary idea is to gain from each others rich heritage of literature and be able to understand a little bit more than before.
- And of course have fun!
And here are the links to the Story Clubs hosted so far. You can still read them and post a review of your own if you so wish!
- Story Club #1: Life of a Writer
- Story Club #2: Surviving the Elements
- Story Club #3: An Unequal Life
- Story Club #4: Games People Play
- Story Club#5: Train Travels
Thank you and look forward to your active participation in the Story Club.